Rooting your device is always a big achievement and dream for users since it provides extra and additional functionalities. Rooting is basically nothing but providing and granting permissions which are not granted at the earliest. While Rooting is a cool word for most of the smartphone users, you should also take care while rooting as it may void the warranty of your device and you won't be able to claim any services or help from your smartphone providers once you root your device.
Before talking much about rooting, let's see some of the specifications of OnePlus 6:
OnePlus 6 Specifications
6.28 inches (19:9 aspect ratio)
1080x2280 pixels (Full HD+)
16MP+20MP Dual rear camera
16MP Front Camera
6GB RAM with 64GB Internal Storage
8GB RAM with 128/256GB Internal Storage
Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Processor
Adreno 640 GPU
3300 mAH Battery
As I have talked about Rooting, OnePlus 6 is working on Oxygen OS 5.1.17 and if rooted, you can do several things like downloading and flashing Custom ROMs, installing Audio Mods, etc. But Since, OnePlus 6 is a new smartphone, so I would advise you to root it only if it is necessary. So, let's start to root OnePlus 6 with Oxygen 5.1.17
How to Root OnePlus 6 with Oxygen 5.1.17
1. You need to unlock your bootloader. To unlock your bootloader, follow these steps:
Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC/Laptop
Go to Phone Settings> About Phone> Tap on "Build Number" up to 10 times> It will enable Developer mode on your OnePlus 6
Go to Settings> Developer Options> Search for "Enable OEM unlock"> Tick the checkbox
Tick the USB Debugging Option
Connect your OnePlus 6 to your PC/Laptop and open command prompt
Reboot your device in Fastboot/Bootloader mode and type the following: adb reboot bootloader
Once it is booted, type the command: fastbootoem unlock
The bootloader has been unlocked.
2. Download the TWRP.img and TWRP installer from twrp.me, and the latest Magisk installer.
3. Put the magisk.zip and TWRP installer.zip into the root of your device and boot into bootloader.
4. Open CMD window in your ADB folder, and type "fastboot devices"
5. Type the command " fastboot boot . wrp-3.2.1-0-enchilada.img
6. Your device should boot into TWRP, so type the pin code or pattern.
7. In case you get a message due to system modification, click "Keep read only".
8. Install and then Flash the TWRP installer.zip, then Magisk rightly after it.
9. Reboot your OnePlus 6
I hope your device One Plus 6 gets rooted with Oxygen OS 5.1.17. In case, you face some problems, please do comment so I could help you